Main Street, Vineyard Haven, Mass.:
The Bank to Union Street
Site 1: The Factory, the Fire, and the Bank (under construction)
Site 2: Ben Franklin's (under construction)
Site 3: The North End Barber Shop (under construction)
Site 4: Lane's Block (under construction)
Also See: North of the Bank
|1847 U.S. Navy Coast Survey|
|1858 Walling Map|
|June 1873 Assessors Map|
|Fall 1883 Assessors Map|
|1886 Birdseye view map (published 1887) |
North is left.
|1888 Real Estate Map|
|1914 Sanborn Map|
factory (Site #1), the livery stable (Site #2), and E. H. Manter's Shoe
Store (Site #3), after 1883.
Roughly the same view as above, looking northeast, July 2002. Very little has survived here from the 1880s.
View south circa 1906 - 1911.
View south about
1938. Cromwell Block (the brick building, Site #2) has replaced the wooden