Remarks: no prisoners in prison
1. What are the materials of the walls and floor of the rooms in which the Lunatics and Idiots are confined?
Stone + Brick
2. Means of ventilation for the rooms - size of the windows, &c.?
two windows in each room twelve by eight inches
two places in each door six inches square
3. How are the rooms warmed?
One room is warmed by a stove + one by a Brick fireplace.
4. How often cleaned?
twice a year when we have no prisoners + twelve time a year when we have prisoners in prison
5. How often and how much are the inmates allowed to exercise in open air?
6. What is the size of the courts or yards in which they exercise?
we have none
7. What is the size of the entries or halls to which they have access?
we have none to which they have access
8. Do they come in contact with or have communication with criminals?
9. What medical attendance is employed? Is a physician employed to attend upon them for the purpose of cure of Insanity, or only in case of bodily disease?
we have not had any prisoners in prison for the last fourteen months
Isaiah D. Pease Junior[?] Keeper
of Keeper of Jail in